Please see the details below regarding the current opportunity to provide comments on the MVP. Your input is needed.
This comment period STILL CURRENTLY ENDS July 14th, 2022. Here’s all the resources we have collected thus far:
- POWHR FERC Extension LANDING PAGE – this page will be UPDATED regularly and contains ALL of the relevant info: events, talking points, sign-ons, comment how to’s, etc.
- Organizational Sign-on due TODAY at 12 PM ET – Asks FERC to extend public comment period. Folks are encouraged to also submit short INDIVIDUAL comments using eComment to docket CP16-10-000 asking FERC to extend the public comment period. Please feel free to use talking points from the above letter. **(see below for sample text)
- Comment Party – TONIGHT at 6 PM ET – hosted by POWHR, App Voices, Wild Virginia, Sierra Club, 7 Directions of Service, others. How to comment, how to intervene, what to say – Register HERE
- We are still working on compiling talking points for writing individual comments. They will be ready by the comment party and sent out after it.
- Amplify all of this on social media using THIS TOOLKIT
- QUICK SIGN Appalachian Voices Petition asking for denial of MVP’s Cert. Extension
- QUICK COMMENT with Sierra Club’s action alert asking for denial of MVP’s Cert. Extension
- Wild Virginia’s FERC Comment + Intervention guide
**Sample text for individual eComment asking for comment period extension:
“Please extend the public comment period for the Notice of Request for Extension of Time, issued June 29, 2022 for Docket Nos. CP16-10-000, CP21-57-000 and CP19-477-000 from 15 days to at least 45 days. Given the complexity and scope of the project and the length of the requested renewal, ample time is needed to review materials submitted by the applicant. Extending the comment period would allow more meaningful public participation and intervention by those impacted by the project. Please extend the comment/intervention period to at least 45 days.”